Tuesday, March 11, 2008

HAPPY 100th POST TO ME!

What a fitting way to have a 100th post than to give you a recap of my trip!



WARNING: Long post with LOTS of pictures!! [and sorry some of them are a little blurry...I took them with my phone.]

Let me start with a text message from Kara. "The lady at Chili's just scratched her nose with my card." Um...GROSS! Thanks a lot you filthy animal. Alcohol prep pad anyone?? And Kara, do you remember that song that Taylor King taught us?? Well it is now on my playlist. I know you don't listen to the music, but I thought of Taylor...and then you. Did you get my text message of the shirt I almost bought you?

Let me start with my experience here in Salt Lake. Wait...do you remember the post where I thought we should all pay an extra 10 cents on plane tickets for two-ply toilet paper in airports? Well I agree with myself again. That single ply just doesn't cut it! Anyway, we got to our gate and my dad and I didn't have seats together. I went to the counter to see if they didn't have seats together. I got to the counter and saw this.

These are some of the blurry pictures because I couldn't just whip out my camera and take pictures. Our conversation went something like this.
"Hi. I see my name is on the cleared list and was wondering what seat I was assigned?" -Me
"What is your last name, rockstar?" -FA-LAM-ING Flight Checker-inner
"Shumway...S-H-U-M-W-A-Y." -Me
"Mary? Mary Sue. You are assigned 7B, rockstar." -Mr. Flamer
"Do you have two seats together?" -Me
"Let me check Ms. Mary Sue. Are you on your honeymoon??" -Gay as a 2 dollar bill.
"No." -Me
"Are you sure, Rockstar?" -Can't be any gayer.
"Yes." -Me
"Well, Rockstar, you are in luck! You will have to move back to row 12, but we can get you a middle seat and an aisle." -Mr. Happy Pants
"Ok. We will take them. Thanks." -Me

Well...ROCKSTAR! Can you see that he is wearing sunglasses...inside...at eight o'clock at night? I wish I would've had the courage to ask for a picture with him. It was crazy! I've had gay friends, and been around gay people, but this guy was OVER THE TOP! Are you on your honeymoon? Let's see...20 years old, 57 years old. HE'S MY DAD!! Ooh. The second picture. Yes, he is reading InTouch. He was showing that old guy next to him all the pictures. Maybe they are Life Partners. You never know. He certainly made my night.

Well we boarded the plane and got our seats together. We took off and about 15 minutes into the flight I was cold. You know how you can move the personal lights above your head. Well, apparently the air conditioning swivels are NOT the same. My dad is always hot, so being the nice daughter I am, decided to move my air and aim it towards him. I was pushing on it and it wasn't moving...until it broke off and flew across the aisle and hit a sleeping man. "Holy crap! That scared me!" And then he started laughing. At least he had humor. :) I thought it was hilarious!



Does anyone see what those are? MOON BOOTS!! Yes, at ALDO you can find these stunning boots. Click on the link and you can order online. I was thisclose to buying this black pair.

RANDOM THOUGHT: How many pounds do you think you could lose if you spent an entire day at the gym??


Jake and I slept in his bed.
This isn't his exact bed, but I thought I better post a picture and refresh your mind how small a twin bed really is. It is perfect for a three year old. Anyway, one night while I was in and out of sleep I had a dream that I was a contestant on America's Next Top Model. I made it to the top 5 and was having one of those personal talks with Tyra about how I didn't think that I could do it being a plus size model and was crying and everything. Boy I must watch that show too much!! [or they all cry about something stupid when they get their one-on-one time with Tyra and I think it is stupid.]

One other cute story about Jakie and sleeping. We bought Monsters Inc. and watched it on Saturday. Grandpa came in to check on us and scared Jake. He would go to one door in the room and jump out and then go to the other door and do the same thing. Jake loved it! Rick came up and told Jakie it was time to settle down and go to bed. Rick turned around and Jake pulled Grandpa's face down and whispered, "Don't tell daddy, but can you do Sully one more time?" Haha. Every night after that he would want Grandpa to be Sully and come and scare him. Cute.

We were driving around one day and were down by the University. There were these awesome looking apartments. I thought I would really like to live in them. The apartment building was called The Wilsonian. I looked them up on the internet and couldn't find anymore pictures than THESE, but it sold me. I would live there if I lived in Washington. Look at the views and fireplace! I saw into the lobby and that was beautiful too. Large chandeliers....mmmmm. Beautiful!

If you haven't already guessed, Jakie LOVES Thomas trains! He watches them everyday and gets to play with Molly the tank engine when he goes potty. One of our favorite saying this trip was, [in an English accent] "Percy, you're a cheeky one!" It is so cute how he says it! I love it.
Another cute one was, "Check this out, Grandpa!!" Like I say, you have to hear him say it, but trust me, it is adorable.

Jake has a little friend at Primary. His name is Eli. Rick was telling me that all week Eli wears a superman costume. When they have to punish him they take his cape away. How funny is that?! His parents real struggle right now is to make him understand that Jesus
is better than Superman. :) That is so funny to me. He firmly believes that nobody is better than Superman.

I'm getting really good at making round cakes! I made this cake one day because I saw the recipe on the internet and decided to try it. I thought it was discusting! Well I made the cake below while I was in Seattle and stuck to the cake mix. Funfetti sure is addicting!








Rick, Sarah, and Jakie in front of Salumi. Mario Batali, the chef on the Food network, his dad owns this tiny shop. It is a family business. It was also featured on the Travel Channel. Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. It was suprisingly good! And they were so nice! The line was out the door and halfway down the block. Rick said that was normal, it is so popular, and delicious. Jakie was having a hard time and wasn't eating. One of the sandwich makers came over and asked me what she could get Jake that would make him happy. She brought him out his own plate of bread and cheese and meat. It was so nice! And it made him happy. I would go back and would recommend anyone in the Seattle area to go. It has family style seating and we sat next to the Sauce maker and head chef of Arby's. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but basically he makes all the decisions for food for Arby's. We also learned about how they got their name. It was two brothers, but the part of the story I remember was it stands for RB--Roast Beef--Arby's--Get it?? Cool, huh? Nice people.
Grandpa and Jakie--neither one looks happy--in front of Salumi.

Seattle skyline. BEAUTIFUL!



CHECK IT OUT!! NO BETTY-BACK FAT! :) Only a little, but less than normal. Horray!
Jakie at the beach. One of his favorite things.
Ultimate "CHEESE" picture! Say CHEEEEEEEEEESE!
Makeshift teeter-totter. Jakie loved it.
DID YOU KNOW THE STATUE OF LIBERTY IS ALSO IN SEATTLE? Here is proof.
Jakie with his 3D glasses. We saw a movie about bugs in 3D. Interesting. But he sure is cute!
Baby Harry Potter! I was looking through Jakie's baby book and saw this picture. I love it! And I bought him that outfit! It was so cute! And he had his chubby cheeks...ohhh I love that boy!
HAIR FOR KAR!! I did this just for Kara. He got out of the bath and I styled it, thinking of you the whole time.
Grandpa is actually smiling! Horray!
Sweet boy.


Saw this sign at Jack-In-the-Box. Weird.

Pretty close to my all-time favorite picture. I love it! Grandpa and Jakie walking. Oh.
Does anyone watch the show on the discovery channel, The Deadliest Catch? I have never seen it, but my Dad and Rick love it and aparently this is the restaurant that they go to at the end of the season for a "recap episode." We went there for lunch.
Sweet mermaid...or I mean menu.
A boat coming into the locks. I wish I could explain it better, but basically the ships come in here and the water level rises so they can enter Puget Sound at the different water level. Did that make sense?? Anyway, here is one coming in.


The ship with "pirates." Cute story. Jakie saw the deck crew and they were close enough to talk to. He yelled, "HI PIRATES! YOU CAN DO IT!" One of the men--who I will admit, I thought was attractive--yelled back hello. Jakie said he wanted to come on the ship. He told him he had to get a little bigger. It was so cute. Everything he does is cute! HI PIRATES!
This is what Boo does when she gets scared by the monsters. Cute!


CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THIS BOY?!

2 comments:

Whitney Kaye said...

Katie! I'm glad you're back, had such a fun time, and you're gorgeous! Loved all the stories.

Kar said...

Hey Rockstar. Wanna make a quick detour to Rhode Island before Australia?