Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To be. (Bulimic.)

In case anyone was wondering why I changed my URL...I didn't really want my name in it anymore and I didn't want some people reading it. So my natural thought process was that if I changed the URL I wouldn't have to make it private. So there you go. It was CRAZY HARD to find a new URL that isn't taken! Good heavens. I was thinking what I wanted to be when I grow up (a daily question...still with no answer) and asked, "what do I want to be? -- TO BE!" And 23 is my favorite number and it rhymed, so naturally, I had to pick that.

Now that that is all cleared up....

Tonight I went with Kar to Cierra's Piano Recital. It was wonderful! And so many ward kids. That must be convenient for the teacher. All in the same neighborhood, you know. Well Cierra did a fabulous job and looked cute doing it too! Oh she is growing up so fast. Boo for growing up!!

Another thing that I talked to Kara about tonight...one time we decided to ask two boys in the ward on a date. It was spectacular. We started out at China Lily and then came to my house and made play dough and those rock candy sticks. It was delightful. It sounds like a lame thing, but it turned out to be pretty dang fun. Horray!

Tonight we went to China Lily for dinner. We hadn't been in a while and we were in North Orem, so we decided to go. I ordered the Tiny Spicy Chicken, which is always delicious, and Kara ordered the Salt and Pepper Chicken. Anyway, I ate about 1/2 of the HUGE plate and couldn't eat anymore. I stated that I was full and Kara asked, "what's wrong?! You didn't finish your meal the last time we went to Chili's and now this?? What is going on?" I honestly don't know. I just get full. Maybe I am listening to my body better. :) Or I am bulimic. I hear it is a great way to lose weight. KIDDING!!

Kara likes the smell of roadkill. Haha. I puke my pants. What's new.

Here is a funny story. Yesterday I got a text from Val at 10:06 a.m. that says "Good Morning." I laughed and replied something to the effect of good morning too. Later in the day she texts me again and asked if she had text me something earlier. I said she had. I then got this text, "I worked last night and totally had a dream I texted you this morning and apparently I did! Haha!" Haha is right! I thought it was funny.

I'm sorry I farted in your purse.

Dave, the Nursing Supervisor at AF hospital, always has a joke or a funny story that he tells. His latest joke is this...
Question: What is another word for tampon?
Answer: Man-hole covers.
BAHAHAHAHA!! And my favorite one he ever told goes something like this...
There was a blonde and she was at a regular check-up with her Doctor. He was looking over her lab results and said, "i've got good news for you, you are pregnant!" The blonde looked confused and then asked, "are you sure that it is mine??"
CLASSIC!! Ha!

Snaps is the name of the game.
The name of the game is snaps.

So you think you are ready?
*snap* *snap*
Xango juice is disgusting.
Please excuse my language.
*snap* *snap* *snap* *snap*
Thank you for your time.

Did you get that? Haha. Pretty Whitty taught Kar and I that game. The thing that I spelled was actually something written in my Mom's college yearbook. Ask me about it sometime. We like to tease her about it.

Kudos Dr. Cosgrave. Thank you for all you say to nurses...everywhere. :) SHOUTOUT TO LINSI!!

I felt inspired by this blog of Kara's that I thought I would do the same thing and tell you why I love my siblings. (not just because they call me baby cakes...)

Ricky. We are the most similar. School came easy to both of us...until our first (and maybe second...) semesters of college. Haha. It is a good thing he is almost done with college and i'm on the up-swing!! :) Rick gives great advice. It doesn't matter what my problem is, I know that I can always ask him. I can be my stupid self around him and he will laugh. YEEEBISH!!! Both my brothers like to make me have a "laugh attack." Rick especially delights in this when I go to visit. In fact, I can't think of one visit that he hasn't done it. Ha. Rick is such a good dad! (to the cutest little boy in the world) Ricky works, goes to school and will be done with his Master's in a month, and still has time for his little family. Rick is a people-person. He is also a leader. It is fun to watch him at his work in his "work personality." The serious, responsible, go-getter that he is. I love him and am so sad they are moving even further away. :( Boo for moving! Maybe I will move to Pittsburgh....hmmmm....






Sarah. My sister! I love that I can say that...and have been able to say it for 5.5 years now! Sarah is one of the most forgiving people that I know. I remember one particular instance when I was upset and had not been too nice to her. I broke down and told Rick all about it. He said to just go tell her sorry. As hard as it was, as I sobbed a sorry to her, she was so forgiving! I remember she just gave me a big hug and told me not to worry about it. She is a very fun, OUTGOING person. She will talk to anyone and can make a friend with the McDonald's cashier! She also carried for 9 months the most beautiful, perfect little boy. (I am a bit partial, but you have to admit he is adorable.) She is fun to go to movies, shop, and just be around. I love how excited she gets about everything! A contagiously happy person.


Cammie-Boy. The most studious student ever. He is so smart and spends so much time studying. He is hilarious!! I love that he cheats at games. I love that I have gotten to really build a relationship with him--post fighting adolescence. Not that we are without our ornery days, but since he has been back from his mission we have really built a strong relationship. He is the total package! Ha. He really is a good-looking guy. Whatever girl steals his heart is one lucky chick! :) He is a sensitive, sweet, and caring. Cam is also a good advice-giver. He is sincerely interested in what I am doing and cares about me. He is a very eloquent speaker. I love that he dressed up as a "lady-killer" for halloween. Coolest kid on the block.



Jakie! Seriously the best boy ever. I could go on and on and on about how much I love him, but I think you already know. I will love that boy forever and ever. Tonight we were talking about how he gets to come to Utah on a plane with me. He told me, "I don't like it when you get on the plane by yourself. It makes me sad." He is so sweet. I just lub him. LLUURRVVEE HHIIMM!!!!


The primary colors are 1, 2, 3--Red, Yellow, and Blue. That describes my brothers and I. Rick was yellow when he was a baby due to jaundice. Cam was blue because the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and he couldn't breathe. I was red because I had too much blood in my body so when I would cry I would turn RED! My parents are understanding. They love me unconditionally. They care about me and what I am doing. (Hence the 12 calls from my dad asking me where I am, what i'm doing, and when i'll be home.) I basically have the best immediate and extended family. I couldn't ask for anything better.

2 comments:

Kar said...

Hahaaha. You dad does call A LOT! It's furney.

SEXPOT!

deb said...

We have a lot in common in da family area. The whole Katie thing, and also, I have a nephew named Cam who came out with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and was blue. CRAZY. Erm, and Cam was almost named Jake? Yes. So much the same.