Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catching up.

I have been a horrible blogger lately. I've been busy with my dad and work. What an adventure!! He has had one round of chemo and would've had the second today. He had a port placed today and has got an infection somewhere--they aren't quite sure where. He has had a fever for a few days and has been in the hospital since Monday when we went in with intense pain that wouldn't go away. I love my dad so much and just wish there was something I could do to take the pain away. I hate seeing him in pain. Hopefully he will come home tomorrow!!

It was Kara's 21 birthday yesterday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR! I was going to post yesterday, but decided it is always better a day later because nobody wishes you a happy birthday the next day. Why is Kara my best friend? Because we can go to a cemetery on her birthday and walk around for fun--and enjoy our time spent there.

Want to know why else we are best friends? Because we can be at Macey's and laugh hysterically at a man wearing a kilt in the produce section while getting and under-the-arm picture with Kar's camera. I wonder if he was wearing underwear...

Referring to the previous post--I've decided to postpone my mission at least six months. I would love to go right now, but I feel like I am needed here at home. I can always go on a mission, but I can't replace time with my family, or time with my dad. It was honestly one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. I have lived a fairly simple life. I haven't had to make life changing decisions. The Lord gives us trials for a reason and that is to become closer to Him. If we rely on Him, how much easier our life is!! I have become closer to my Savior in these last few months than I have ever been in my life--something I will always be grateful for. I love my Heavenly Father, I love my earthly mother and father dearly, and I love my family.

2 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Katie..you are such a brave and SMART young woman! I think that the Lord will be pleased with your decision, and is HAPPY that you are willing to serve for him.

Sure hope that your dad feels better soon!!

p.s. I seriously couldn't stop laughing when I saw the Kilt! HA ha ha...leave it to some guy in PROVO to where that :)

mmmmmmwah!

Kar said...

Awe, thanks for the bday shout out. We really did have a good time at the cemetery didn't we.

I'm glad you decided to stay home. A wise decision.

MARCH! MARCH IS YOUR MONTH!