Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jakie Post

Did you know that Walgreen's has a make-up consultant on staff on Saturdays from 10-5? Neither did I until I saw them advertising for it. Weird.

I don't think I ever blogged about the Goo Goo Dolls concert. Mmmm. It was amazingly great. Cam, Daniel, and I went up to the Salt Palace and were basically given a private show. ha. Although the bassist and I did have a sweet connection. He basically played for me. Robby Takac--you will always be loved by me. {He is the one on the right, yes, with the red and purple hair. That takes a real man to have that!} It was a great concert and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Ask me sometime about the sweet moves of Robby. Love them.
Jake and Sarah have been here since October 22. We have done a lot of fun things with Jake. Yesterday was a FULL day! We went and saw Beverly Hills Chihuahua. {highly recommend...haha. I don't even know if it was worth the matinee price...}

Jake wanted to go play in the "tubes," so we went over the the McDonald's right next to Sam's Club in Provo. They just remodeled and can I just tell you--nicest McDonald's i've ever been in. That is saying a lot, because I have been to my share of McDonald's!! Let me share a few pictures and they will speak for themselves.
A water display. Wow.
The "Master Stall." It has a kid's toilet pictured above, a normal toilet, and a baby changing station. Cool.
The kid's play place. When you go down the slide it makes a piano noise--like you are sliding down the keys.
When you stand on the guitar it plays songs, and over by the window is a piano similar to the one played by Tom Hanks in "Big."

The nice bathroom mirror.

The view from the door of the Master Stall. Beautiful. I would highly recommend going for a family night to that McDonald's. Fun for all ages.

After that we went to pick up Grandma and went over to the Bean Museum. Jake freaked. He was in heaven and couldn't stop running around and screaming, "LOOK AT THIS!! LOOK AT THIS!!!" One of the workers came out and found us and said she it had been a slow day and she was so excited to hear a happy little voice. The live animal show didn't start for an hour, but she asked Jake if he would like to go in the basement and see some live animals. If he was freaking out before, he was ECSTATIC!! We got to see a snake-Victor, a turtle-Otis, and a lizard-PJ. If I can figure out how to upload videos I will. For now, pictures will have to suffice.
Jake seeing Victor for the first time. :)
I told Jake to stand there and smile and he did this. So cute!!
Dad liked lions.
Mom was excited about zebras.
Could there be a happier boy?!
Jakie and PJ, the blue tongued lizard.
Otis and Jake.
Jake and Victor.
Grandma in her Halloween costume...being Mrs. Incredible.
MR. INCREDIBLE!!

2 comments:

Kar said...

What a fun day! I appreciate nice McDonalds. Charlotte had one by my gym and France had the freakin nicest one's I've ever seen. Jakie is cute.

Steve & Amy Shumway said...

is your mom holding that one finger up on purpose?? hahaha

how are you? any news on the mish yet?? let me know! hows your dad? we're keeping yall in our prayers. love ya.