I was using the restroom in the Wilkinson Center the other day. They have now installed automatic toilet paper dispensers. I don't know quite how I feel about this. We have automatic doors, flushers, toilet paper dispensers, soap, water, and paper towel dispensers. What will come next? Something that takes your pants down for you so that you don't have to do anything?! I'm baffled by this.
Something great about this semester--in several of my classes I have found pencils or pens on the floor. I bet I have five new pencils. Kara calls me the Pencil Whore. I found one in a class that we didn't have together and I had to take a picture of it and send it to her so she could see that I was not making it up. I've been blessed.
I had to give my first prayer at BYU--ever. Kara and I were sitting in our New Testament class and the professor called on someone and they weren't there. He was perusing the list and I secretly thought "Stice, Stice, Stice." I had a sick feeling it was going to be me. [speaking to Kara after she said that for a split second she thought it was going to be her, then she thought, "No, he is going to call on Katie."] He then proceeded to choose Shumway. "Is Sister Shumway here?" I immediately turned to Kara..."shit." I stood up to pray and my mind went blank. I forgot how to pray! Maybe it was because I used a curse word right before I went to say the prayer. I remember my mind being completely blank and not knowing what I was saying. Kara said it was fine and that I prayed correctly. PHEW!! Needless to say, I probably won't be called on to pray for a while.
Speaking of New Testament--our professor has Tourette's Syndrome. I'm serious. He hits his belt with his wrist every one and a half minutes. It is very distracting! Kara says that he also uses the phrase "I'm not even making this up" all the time. I haven't noticed that yet. I guess we know that he is speaking the truth.
AMERICAN IDOL!! I love this time of year because of A.I. Simon is my absolute favorite. I love him. AND he is no longer seeing his girlfriend...they broke up in November. HOORAY!! So he is 28 years my senior...I think we could swing it. Ha ha. HE WEARS SEVEN JEANS! Thank you Kara for my jean knowledge--and congrats on buying True Religions. I still love your Rock and Republics though. Maybe it was the experience in buying them that I really love. :) Anyway, I love when Simon winks into the camera...it is almost as if he is winking right at me. Dreamy! I sure can't even wait for Tuesday and Wednesday.
4 comments:
HaHa, I so enjoyed this post. Especially the parts that mention the loverly Kara:)
Oh Katie...you are SOOOO funny! I just love reading your posts...you CRACK me up!
Ummm....maybe that didn't work...
Like I was saying. I LOVE your posts! They are so funny! You CRACK me up!
Katie! You are the best! I guess that's what you get for swearing. :) I would've died of laughter if I was there. :)
Post a Comment