Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Are you kidding me?!

This is ridiculous.

My favorite place to be on campus is the library. I go there between classes and have a favorite chair in the basement. I have never checked out a book at the library, so I have never had a problem going through the sensors at the entrances. As I was leaving today I had my iPod in as usual. I was almost to the doors when a security guard comes running towards me and puts his hand in the air and yells "STOP!!!"

"Uh, ok." So I stopped. I removed my earphones and he said, "the security device has alarmed and you need to step. back." "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I didn't say this, but I thought, really?? He made me walk through the sensors not one, two or even three times...no, he made me walk through FOUR times. It was a joke. It turned out that it was the guy behind me who had forgotten to check out the book in his hand. "Can I go now?" "Yes. You may leave the library at this time." Seriously? Seriously. You are an ass--I mean jerk.

POLICE BEAT!!

Since Kara hasn't been posting these I thought I would post a few of my recent favorites.

Feb. 3: A student reported his vehicle missing but later discovered it parked in a different parking lot. Genius.

Feb. 9: A professor received a call from an unknown male party at his office. The young male was upset at his girlfriend about an illicit affair and started swearing. It appeared he had the wrong number. Ha ha.

Feb. 6: Police received a call from a professor in the JFSB who reported hearing a noise sounding like a horn every 15 minutes. Other professors said the noise sounded like a bird, superman, and a race car. The sound turned out to be an air conditioning issue. Superman. SUPERMAN?! Really?

During my Health class today Brent Feland was the lecturer. He is a Physical Therapist and we talked about the back and spine. We were talking about pelvic neutral posture. He has us all stand up and thrust our pelvis backward and forward. He said, "do that too fast and you'll get kicked out of school." HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I was dying.

That is why I love BYU.

4 comments:

Kar said...

Hahaha. Pelvic thrusts...

Yes. You may leave the library at this time.

Brianne & Jarod said...

so true..so true! How about the time that I was playing v-ball in the smith field house and dove right into the pole...pretty sure that I said S%&* out loud! There just happened to be a professor playing with us that night, and I immediately looked at him and said, "I AM SOOOOO SORRY!" He smiled, winked, and said "don't worry, I am not one of the religion professors!" HA HA HA

Caitlyn Andrus said...

Seriously girl... I think you and I have the same idea about our beloved BYU. haha. I read this post of yours a while ago & it made me laugh. Oh how ya gotta love church schools!!!

Dave said...

I really wish I could have experienced the situation at the library (just as a student sitting on those benches right inside the entrance). I would have been rolling on the groun!!!!! What's even better...I had these mental images of your face during this whole time. Oh...great story!!!!!!