I am reading a cheesy Mormon romance novel. I needed something mind numbing that wasn't for school. My mom happens to love those types of books so we have a plethora of them in our home. [We have many other books in our home of value. Ha.] I picked one up and started reading. I read the name Chamois. Odd. That was the spelling of my last name before they changed it. I continued reading and it talked about a Sister Shumway. SHUMWAY! That's me! I was telling Kara and got so excited. I yelled, "I'M IN A BOOK! I'M IN A MORMONMORMON BOOK!!" It was funnier if you had been there, but I thought it was neat. How many books is your name in??
Last night Kar and I went to Salt Lake with no real plans. As we were driving up we saw a sign for The Gateway. I said I had never been there so we decided to go. It is pretty neat. We were walking around and went past the Planetarium. I hadn't ever been there either so we went in. It was fascinating!! I'm not usually into planets and stars and such, but this was pretty cool. We did our usual drive around the avenues [I worked on Mom/Baby today and there was a baby boy named Avenue.] looking at houses. I love those houses. We drove up one road that was a dead end. There was a look-out point and so we got out. It was beautiful! And yes, there was a couple making out. Nice.
Nielsen's Frozen Custard--heavenly. Sol has been telling me to go there for a long time. We headed up there next. Wow. It is delicious. I can't say enough good about it. Although, just a heads up, if you do go there--know that there is no bathroom. Just so you know. There is a K-Mart just down the road for those in a bad way.
We were heading home and I got a text from my mom. She said she had run into Kara's mom. I asked where and this was the reply, "at the opera...just kidding. Where else would I be on a Saturday night? Macey's." Kara and I thought that was hilarious. At the opera.
Kara and I got separated for several minutes. I text her and asked her if she was alive. "No. I'm in the trunk of some car. I hear mexican music." To which I responded, "PUNCH OUT THE REAR LIGHT AND START WAVING YOUR ARM! SOMEONE WILL CALL THE POLICE!" Kara: "Hahaha! I'm glad you've read that e-mail too." Haven't we all? Good information to have.
5 comments:
IM IN A BOOK! IM IN A MORMONMORMON BOOK!
Last night was pretty funny. Remember when I reclined the seat to avoid embarrassment from the guy next to us on the freeway? Funny.
i miss you girls like, woah. when are we going to play again? it better be soon. seriously.
I LOVE SMELLING SHARPIES!! MMMMMMMMM.
Got to love those mormon books! You want to come to movie night again tonight? Going to be good times!
Hahaha!! Count on Kara for random racist comments. And I swear you two are all-knowing when it comes to locating necessary facilities in the Salt Lake valley, you should write a guidebook.
Post a Comment