Saturday, May 30, 2009

I couldn't have said it better.

My mom wrote a post on her blog and expressed feelings that I have not been able to put into words. It can be found here.

She wrote, "I anguish for the future, when we will not have the support of an understanding leader of our family. I anguish for the loss of a relationship that has always supported me no matter what. I anguish for the grandchildren to come who will not know their loving grandfather." This is my greatest sadness--my children will not know their Grandpa. That is one thought that, to me, is overwhelming--almost unbearable.

How grateful I am for the knowledge that I have that I get to spend eternity with my family.

5 comments:

Steve & Amy Shumway said...

We continue to pray for you and your family. I cant even imagine what youre going through, but I hope you know that we are all here for you and love you very much.

Kar said...

I love you.

Lara said...

Heartbreaking to read. I feel for you!

Dave said...

Katie, your mom has a great way with words. While I have never had to experience a loved one having cancer, I can tell that it is a very emotional experience. I want you to know that I pray for you and your family. You're a great example of devotion and love.

Brianne & Jarod said...

Oh Katie..you are so sweet and have such a strong testimony! I can not imagine what you are going through, but want you to know that I love ya and am praying for you and your family!