Friday, May 22, 2009

I drink milk like it is going out of style.


Do you remember making those simple machines in 8th grade science? I was talking to my cousin tonight and we were remembering what our projects were. Of course our dad's made them--and they both had to do with food. Her project was a egg cracker that would crack the egg into the pan. Mine was a cheeseburger lifter. It was genius! If you were sitting in the backyard in your lawn chair and you felt like you needed a cheeseburger all you would have to do was drop a marble and you would soon have a cheeseburger at arm's length. Nice. It helped too that my teacher loved McDonald's cheeseburgers--no pickles--onions and ketchup only. Needless to say, I got an A. It also goes to show you that our family loves food! Ha ha.
Jodi is getting married tomorrow! Crazy. The dress I am wearing has a little rip. I was texting my mom today and the conversation went something like this...
Mom: "Do you have any plans for tonight?"
Katie: "I need to sex up that dress for tomorrow, but other than that I don't think so."
(a few minutes later...)
Katie: "I MEANT SEW!"
I use predictive text and sex and sew use the same numbers. An hour later I get this text.
Mom: "Real funny...freudian slip..."
Yes mom...it was not my fault.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Lovely..."sex up". Your mom's response was also hilarious!!!!