Thursday, May 21, 2009

SUMMERTIME!


(Google image search. It wasn't until I uploaded it that I realized that only one child has a swimming suit on. Sorry.)
Ah the slip n' slide. What a great invention. My next door neighbors are out playing on their slip n' slide. I remember fondly those summer days that almost always ended in someone getting hurt. I've been watching them for a few minutes and there have been at least 12 collisions.

We've been discussing it and my parents and I are hopefully going to Pittsburgh the first week in June! I can't wait to see Jakie! It is kind of last minute, but my dad really wants to go. He has two good friends that want to buy our tickets and fly us out there first class. I'm not complaining!! It has been interesting to talk to his friends and see what an impact he has had on them. I always knew my dad was amazing, it is just neat to see that i'm not the only one who thinks that.

Work is going good. I'm so glad that i'm able to work twice a week and be able to be home the rest of the time. This schedule has worked out perfectly. I consider this one of my biggest blessings.

1 comment:

Dave said...

SCANDALOUS!!!!!! I was on a slip-n-slide once and one of my friends ripped his knee open on a sprinkler head as he flew down the slide. Since then, I have not set foot on one and will most likely outlaw them at my house.