Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire."

Subdued. Reflective. Sorrowful. Emotional.

I recently watched Life is Beautiful, which I had never seen before. I proceeded to watch that same night Schindler's List. I just watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I can't quite put all my feelings into words. I find this time period fascinating--one of my favorites to study. It is also something that I can't even imagine. I watch these movies and sob.
The author of the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas said this, "their lost voices must continue to be heard; their untold stories must continue to be recounted. For they represent the ones who didn't live to tell their stories themselves."

2 comments:

Kar said...

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was interesting. I don't know how I feel about Remus Lupin playing that role. Those little boys were so adorable.

Birdnest said...

Katie,
I, too, cannot wrap my head completely around these movies. They make me wonder how I managed to be born at this time instead of that time....and what would I have been like had I been born then. I watched Life is Beautiful 5 times! I haven't seen "Pajamas" yet...have to be in just the right mood for a movei like that!