Today would have been my 1 year mark of being a missionary. The more I have thought about it and reflected on the last year, I am so thankful I made the decision to stay home. They say that on a mission you grow and have experiences that you never would have otherwise. I consider the last year to be a time of my life where I grew spiritually more than I ever have. I had experiences that I will never be able to replace. Although I was not sharing the gospel with others, I felt the constant companionship of the spirit. This last year defined who I am and who I want to become.
During this Thanksgiving and Christmas season I am ever grateful for my family--my eternal family. I am so thankful for a loving Savior who is ready and waiting to help each of us. I am thankful for the Gospel and the foundation and guide it is in my life.