Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Real Adult

 
Kar got a real job!!  When did we grow up?  I'm still not sure.  We had this brief text conversation today.  I did meet with my principal and facilitator.  I got a folder full of 40 pages of things that I have to do, expectations for my classroom set up, meetings I have to attend, journals I have to write, teacher work sample information, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.  I was so overwhelmed.  I drove away from the school and started to freak out.  I honestly don't know how I am going to do it all.  As I was driving I needed someone to talk to that would tell me everything would be ok.  Immediately all I wanted to do was talk to my dad.  I knew he would be able to calm me down.  He always could.  I started to cry.




Sometimes life is hard.  Sometimes it's overwhelming.  Sometimes I just need my dad.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Everything is going to be O.K. Katie. Even though you can't physically hear your dad say that, he'll be right there in ways he couldn't have on earth. He loves you and if he could say it, he would. You are amazing with kids, this is exactly what you need to be doing and you just have to get through the rough stuff to get to the good stuff. Hang in there and call me sometime, would ya?

Sabina said...

Katie I love you so much! YOu are going to do great :) You are the most amazing and strogest people I know. Call me whenever you need me...I miss you girl!