Monday, December 3, 2007

Hannah Montana

So I had heard of this girl a few times, but I had NO IDEA how big she really is. She had a concert here in Utah a few months ago and my friends were telling me about how some of their co-workers were taking out all their PTO money and doing crazy things so that their child could go to the concert. Idiots.

Later I was reading in Redbook, great magazine, and saw this statistic...

Scalpers paid more than $1,000 for tickets--and some parents reportedly considered skipping a mortgage payment to get their kids into the show.

What...the...hell.

I don't usually, well, never have I used a swear word in my blog, but this situation called for it. IT IS A FREAKING CONCERT!! SHE IS 14 AND IF I WAS YOU I WOULD RATHER HAVE AN UPSET KID FOR A FEW DAYS THAN HAVE NO HOUSE!!! Idiots. True idiots.

In that same magazine there was a quote by Christopher M. Petersen from Philadelphia. He said,

"Celebrity culture has led to crazed consumerism. Parents, wake up: corporations create Hannah Montana types to grow profits, NOT to help parents raise their children."
[emphasis added]


SOMEONE STILL HAS A BRAIN!!


So that is my soapbox for the day. Idiots.


Anyway, cute Jakie story. Sorry you will have to bear with me until he comes because I am getting so excited!!
Rick was telling him a bedtime story last night and he was telling him about being an astronaut. He was saying that they fly in big spaceships and go to the moon! They get out and walk on the moon and fly really fast. Anyway, he asked Jake if he wanted to be an astronaut and Jake replied, "Well, yes, that would be nice, but i'd like to be a sunbeam first!" HOW SWEET!! He is such a spiritual little guy! :)

No comments: