-Said it was OK to provide government services in Spanish...I say HELL NO!
-Support granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
-Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government...I say HELL YES!
-Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
-Attends church with press, to dispel rumors that he's Muslim...now let's not bring religion in, right?
-Supports Universal Healthcare...ABSOLUTELY NOT.
These are just a few of the main ones that pop out at me. Don't take me wrong, I fully support immigrants that come here the right way. Become Legal, Learn English, get a job and you are more than welcome to be here. To come here and expect us to cater to you by making everything available in Spanish, allowing you to get a driver's licence, and allowing you to participate in our social security that you have put nothing into...I just don't think so. These thoughts are quite jumbled, but I am really having an inner struggle with this election. AHHH!
Here is a picture of Brad that I work with. If you were a patient, it would be Bradley. If you were his wife, Brad. If you were me, B-RAD! :) I worked with him last night. [Kar, he got my purple toy to work! :)] Brad is a regular at the Plasma Donation Center. When you go you get 30 dollars. You can go twice a week, which equates to $240 a month and $2,880 a year...tax free! You do, however, get the "plasma mark" on your arm. I think that's awesome though. I told him that it is like Heavenly Father is giving you $2,880 a year for being you and sharing with others!
Today in the Daily Universe...a caption under a picture of UTAH LAKE. It reads, "snow covers Lake Utah as the light fro the sunset warms the snow-topped mountains." Hahahahaha. The caption-writer was looking to change things up a bit--Utah Lake, Lake Utah. Idiot.
Borat shirts on campus. Didn't ever think that I would see them at BYU. Cool though!!
Samson by Regina Spektor is my new favorite song. Hopefully it is playing as you read this and you can enjoy it too! If not, just scroll down and click on it. Beautiful!
Today in my Politics class we watched a part of a video on Article Six. I can't quite articulate all my feelings, but I had many! The opening scene was protesters at General Conference and them yelling at members as they were walking into Conference. I have always just ignored them, but I couldn't help getting upset and almost started crying. Good thing I sit in the back. :) Really though, everyone "preaches" that we should respect others beliefs and not be discriminatory because of them. Now that Mitt is out of the race it isn't as bad, but he was definitely persecuted for our beliefs. Practice what you preach! This is one reason I have a HUGE problem with Huckabee. He was quoted saying that we as Mormons don't believe that Satan and Jesus are brothers. Brother Huckabee...FOR REAL?!! Are you kidding me? Anyway, we are going to finish the video on Thursday. I'll finish this post then...
Done and Done.
[In case you haven't figured it out by now, I am quite conservative!]
2 comments:
He got your purple toy to work?! How? Ahahahahahaha!
Oh yeah. I also noticed the Lake Utah thing. I thought it was funny.
Post a Comment