Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pay It Forward

I just got back from the gym. Don't applaud yet...I went to Chili's before. Whoops. Oh well. There was an awesome thing that happened there. A homeless man walked in. He came into the lounge where Tia, Jodi and I always sit. {and also happened to see my 2nd grade teacher.} He sat at the bar and some of the servers said hello and called him by name. He pulled out two huge mugs and they filled them with ice for him. A very well-to-do lady in all her rich garb went to one of the servers and handed him a twenty dollar bill. She told him to let the man have whatever he wanted and then she left. I only know that because it happened right in front of me. He was packing up to leave and the waiter went over to him and asked him if he was sure he didn't want anything. He said no, so the waiter told him what the lady had done and gave him the twenty. I have never seen a more happy smile in my life!! His face lit up and he was so...happy is the only word that comes to mind. Then another server came around the corner with a to-go box of food in a bag. He handed it to him and the man was so grateful. It was the greatest thing that happened to me today and I just wish I would've been the one to do that. And Chili's went up a million points in my book!! I love that place.
Poor baby Jakie is parent-less this weekend. :( Rick and Sarah flew to Pittsburgh to look at apartments for when they move there in June. Jakie is staying with some of their friends in Seattle. I am such an idiot. I should've gone up this weekend and would've been able to be with Jake. Dang it. I love that little guy.
HOT ROD. Best movie ever. Second only to Dumb and Dumber. Loooove it.
I filled up my car tonight with gas. Not only is that depressing, but I noticed that I do something with my gas prices. When it is finished I have to have a number that is meaningful or even. I could pay an even $40.00. Or I would have to have a meaningful gas price like $20.08 for the year we are in. Or $19.87 for the year I was born. Is that strange?? If it lands on a number that means nothing I keep pumping until it comes out even or meaningful. Yes.
Saw a golf-cart today in the car wash. That was weird.
Kar sent me this text today. "What was God doing before the creation? Creating hell for people who ask questions like that." Haha.
Kar and I had a little crush on a boy named Danny Holmoe in high school. Yes, crappy name, I know. Well he is apparently dating someone in Kara's ward. She said hello to him at an activity that he came to...HE DIDN'T EVEN SAY HELLO!! Jerk. That make me mad. I'm so sorry Kara. I know Ryan would NEVER do that to you. Ryan in Rhode Island forever!!
Re-reading this post makes me think...I probably go to Chili's too much. Tia, Jodi, and I have a certain table in the lounge. Kara and I have a favorite booth...16. Sadly it hasn't been open lately so we have had to settle for another. When Kar and I go out to eat I always sit on the right side [facing the table/booth] and Kara on the left. Maybe I should learn to cook...

2 comments:

Kar said...

Thanks. The Holmoe thing wasn't that big of a deal, it was just annoying. I lurve Chili's, and that was nice of them to do what they did for the homeless man. Good for you for the gym. Ryan would never ignore me. I love Rhode Island!

Lara said...

loved this post... oh and you DO do nice things.. ex: jaxon's gift. not just anyone would do that. you're payin it forward without even knowing- that's the best kind.