Does anyone know? I was at Grandma's tonight watching the recorded Music and the Spoken Word and started trying to whistle a song. I COULDN'T DO IT!! I can whistle on three or so notes, but other than that it is just air! I am so upset about it! Does anyone know any whistling exercises that would help me gain my talent back??
I have been told by one person that they don't like that I don't blog everyday. I am taking that as a personal challenge to blog everyday this week! Wish me luck. Oh and Kar, I used your pumping gas tip. I pumped on slow. Although I did start to get impatient. Haha.
Cute little Jakie story...
When Jake goes to time-out he sits on the stairs. I guess now he has to fold his arms too. Sarah put him in time-out the other day and she heard him talking to himself--"That's rude. What does she have to talk to me like that for??" Hahahahahaha!!! He is such a cute boy!
General Conference. Absolutely AMAZING!! This is the first conference in my entire life that I have stayed awake for all four sessions and taken notes too. I am so proud of myself! I got SO much out of it and am looking forward to making some changes in my life. I am just going to write a few highlights that I got out of it.
"Home is God's Laboratory for love and service." -Russell M. Nelson
"They shall learn in their own experience who He is." -Ronald A. Rasband quoting President Monson
A common theme that I saw was seeking out and caring for "the one." Joseph B. Wirthlin spoke of the Lord caring for that one lost sheep; we need to seek out those who are lost. I thought a great part of his talk was when he said that he has never been in one of our churches that has a sign on the door, "Restricted Entrance: Perfect People Only." Our church is one that you can continually repent and strive to be better. The Lord perfects His saints.
"The Spirit is deadened by sin, softened by love." -Gerald N. Lund He also spoke of how the Spirit carries messages unto, not into, the heart. Those messages can only be heard or felt if the receiver allows.
D. Todd Christofferson, the newest member of the Quorum of the Twelve said that temptations will lost their appeal through spiritual re-birth.
"Tithing--the best investment you could ever make." -Sheldon F. Child
"Violate God's laws and we suffer lasting consequences, obey them and you will have everlasting joy." -Sheldon F. Child quoting President Monson
"My life is like my shoes...to be worn out in service." -Boyd K. Packer quoting President Kimball
"Our God is a God who is engaged in our lives." -Jeffery R. Holland
One of my favorite talks was given by David A. Bednar. He spoke on meaningful prayer. He said that we as members of the church are full-time finders and that the missionaries are full-time teachers. Again, seek out the one. He said that we need to recognize and accept the will of the Lord in our lives. Prayers are not a "wish list." Every sincere prayer is heard and answered by a loving Heavenly Father. Move beyond routine and checklist prayer to meaningful prayer.
"That which is wrong is often made to look right." & "Live by your standards; stand up for what you believe in."-W. Craig Zwick
Speaking on the throngs of people in the Great and Spacious building in Lehi's dream--"The laughter of the world is just loneliness trying to reassure itself." -W. Craig Zwick quoting Neal A. Maxwell
"The Savior can rescue the one among the crowd." -Dennis B. Neuenschwander
I thought Lance B. Wickman's experience in Vietnam was quite interesting. He said he expected yesterday, found today, which lead to hope for a brighter tomorrow. He said to not postpone forgiveness for tomorrow. This is a time for giving and becoming, repenting and forgiving. Mortality is where justice and mercy meet.
"There is no better friend than your own clean conscience!" -President Monson--this was actually said at Priesthood session and was reported after at our family gathering.
"I pray for you. Pray for me." -President Thomas Spencer Monson
Sorry this list is so long, but I was being serious when I said I got so much out of Conference!! Now I just have to decide what to work on first...
1 comment:
Good work! I watched 3 sessions! Go me. P.S. I would NOT be your friend if your name was Nelma or Thelda. Sorry.
P.S. Grandma asked about you on Saturday.
Post a Comment