Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ti, Kate, and Jod

Sorry I have been a sucky blogger lately. It isn't like I can say I haven't had time...I have had ample time to blog. I have been job searching lately and it sucks. If anyone out there on the wonderful world wide web has a job they want to give me, let me know. I am the coolest person [and best worker] you will ever hire. Period.

Tonight Tia, Jodi, and I broke a barrier of friendship. The name shortening. You only do this when you are family or really comfortable around people. Not that our names are super-long, in fact, they are three, four, and five letters, but we shortened them anyway. Tia is Ti, Katie is Kate, and Jodi is Jod. Wow. That is awesome. Now they both have blogs and I am excited to read them!

Oh, my room. Here are some pictures. I take the name of Pack-Rat seriously. My entire life I have probably thrown three things away. I keep E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!! [Just to give you an idea. I probably used 25 black trash bags for garbage or DI stuff. I took at least three trips/truck loads of things to DI.] This was a major/life-changing step or leap of faith that I took. Here are some pictures. [I still have to paint the walls...they will no longer be BRIGHT yellow and blue. I am painting this beautiful light, light blue. It's going to be awesome.]

Yearbooks from elementary school, papers from middle school, and gems of work from high school. (see previous post about excellent "free write.")
So much stuff!!
Sorry this picture is crooked, but this is my bookshelf/phone corner.
Old window treatments. Ugly.

New bed on the opposite wall. Excellent.
New blinds that I lurve! (thank you kar.)
MY ORGANIZED CLOSET!! This may look full/messy to you, but this is the most organized/clean it has EVER been.
View from just inside my doorway.
Another Just inside my doorway.
And one last one of the windows. I want it to be an "ocean room" hence the blinds. My carpet is blue and that is also why I chose the light blue paint. I have some awesome pictures of the ocean that I have taken and plan to blow them up and hang them in my room. Anyway, it was a good project and now I feel so clean and organized!! Coolio.

I am tired. I don't suck at sleeping, so that is what i'm going to do.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Kate,

Tonight was fun. And now we're practically sisters. Way to not suck at sleeping, you're pickin up my slack.

-Jode

Kar said...

Favorite line by far: I am tired. I don't suck at sleeping, so that is what I'm going to do.

Love the room. I seriously looks %1000 better.

Congrats on Tia and Jodi getting blogs. Yay!

Kar said...

Favorite line by far: I am tired. I don't suck at sleeping, so that is what I'm going to do.

Love the room. I seriously looks %1000 better.

Congrats on Tia and Jodi getting blogs. Yay!

deb said...

haha, I don't suck at sleeping either. In fact I would get an A+ in sleeping. Awesome.