Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I did 2 really hard things.

Let's start last night. Linsi has wanted me to go to a power pump class with her for a long time. I finally said I would go and she said, "prepare to work your butt off." Wait...what? I know it says power pump, but I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. Woah. It was a very hard class and I went home sore. That was hard.

Last week Kara and I had decided to hike the Y. Remember a few posts ago I said that before I die I wanted to hike the Y and enjoy it? Well...I ENJOYED IT! Sitting at home now, I think "it really wasn't that bad." Then I remember moaning and groaning on the way up. [thanks again Kar for listening to me complain...but still enjoy it. :)] Kara forgot her camera, which she always has with her, so my phone camera had to suffice.

We left at 5:30 a.m. I picked Kara up and when she got in the car she said, "I was hoping you forgot." HAHAHA! I had text her yesterday telling her that I thought we should leave at that time so it would be cool and we wouldn't have the sun directly on us. I get a text back, "that would be magical." Before I could finish reading that text another one comes. "Oh wait...you said morning. I'll have to think on that." Funny, funny. When I dropped her off after she said she was glad that I talked her into going that early. Me too.

At marker number 8, which Kara was waiting for me at, our conversation went something like this.
"grumble, grumble, groan, mumble.......WOAH!" -Me, as I turn around and see how close the Y is.
"hahahahahahahahahaha." -Kara

It really was funny. Kara made an observation. We were the only ones with backpacks. Ha. At least we came prepared! We saw 3 deer...and what I mistook for a cougar. Laugh now. I sat down on a rock to rest for a minute and Kara had gone up ahead. I looked down the trail and I see this hind end of something with a long tail that wasn't moving. Its upper part of its body was in the bushes..and no person was around! I just remember my mind trying to figure out what to do. Kara was ahead of me and I had no way to defend myself. [What was Kara going to do? I don't know.] Anyway, this ferocious animal turned out to be Lauren Carlile's dog. It wasn't on a leash and Lauren's mom was a little way behind it. Needless to say, it freaked me out. Ha ha.

There was this old man that passed us on our way up. And he passed us coming down. We made a comment that he was fast and he replied that he would be back. WHAT? Yes, he hikes the Y, TWICE. When we finally got to the top and sat down, here he came...his second time. That Grandpa was physically fit. Don't worry Kara. I was thinking about it. Remember those people that got in their car the same time we did? Well we technically passed them because we were still eating our breakfast and taking pictures when they started back down. Everyone didn't lap us...we passed them.


Kara at the Y.
KATIE MADE IT!! At the Y.
Just after I sat down. I was beat. And Kara was happy! Actually, I did Kara a favor. She dyed her hair yesterday and she can't get it wet for 24 hours. Which means that I kept the hike at a slow pace, so as to not make her sweat and ruin her hair. You're welcome.

4 comments:

deb said...

Man alive. Mrs. Zacherson has a baby. That's weird. And hiking the Y. That is crazy.

Kar said...

Haha. I had a good time this morning. Yes, it was embarrassing being lapped by that old man, and yes, it was embarrassing realizing that everyone else was carrying a water bottle (if anything) and we had packed food and 8 water bottles. We rock. Love the cougar story, it was as funny hearing it a 3rd time as it was the 1st time.

Jessica said...

I am so proud of both you!!! I also enjoyed going to the movies with you on Saturday. I wish we all to got to sit by each other though!! I agree with Kara-the police beat job should be placed in your hands!!!

Tiffany and Mike said...

Katie!! Power pump classes ARE SO HARD! I die for like a week every time I go! I found your blog through Kara's, it was fun to read up on your life! Congrats on hiking the Y...and enjoying it :)