Thursday, July 10, 2008

What??

I know that there has been a global warming/the earth is being destroyed scare lately. I enjoy our earth. Don't think I am an earth-destroyer. It is the "scare tactics" [thank you Monsters Inc.] that have been used lately that make me upset.

Wall*E
We are destroying our earth and soon we will have to go live in outer space and become fat and helpless. [Wait...isn't that the other thing that is being shoved down our throats? America is fat/overweight/obese. Look here. Or here. Or even here.]
Let's tell our children that we are going to die unless we put all our plastics in one container and our paper in another. We are just a disgustingly messy people and are going to make robots to clean up our mess. Again, don't get me wrong, the little love story was cute, it was the subliminal message.

A trash-can toy
I went to Wienerschnitzel today for lunch. I got a kids meal. Wanna guess what the toy was? I'll tell you. A trash can. A TRASH CAN! "Please don't trash our planet!" "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle." "Energy saved by recycling one plastic bottle will power a computer for 25 minutes!" Inside the trash can were tokens worth different points. 10 points for plastics, 5 points for electronics, 1 point for a fluorescent bulbs. Seriously? What little kid is going to be happy for a trash can?? I certainly wasn't.

FREE GIVEAWAY!! The person with the 75th best comment can win this...Neat-O!!



Again, I love our earth. It is the fact that people are forcing me to do things that bothers me. I guess that is just my personality. I want to make my own decisions. If I choose to recycle, great. If I choose not to, I don't want to be ostracized for it.

That's all.

P.S. Just went to my bank to deposit my state tax return [YAY!] and they had a sign in their window..."Be earth friendly, get e-statements!" No, thank you. I will continue to kill trees to enjoy the one piece of mail I get.

1 comment:

Lara said...

ATRASHCANINAHAPPYMEAL!?!?!!?!!?!??! BWAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!
Oh my gosh that is GREAT!!!!!!! haha!