Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yes I am soft-spoken.


Did I tell you I bought one of these fabulous things called a Garmin Nuvi 350? Well I did. Rick and Sarah got one and I've coveted it. So instead of saving my money like I should be doing, I spent it on this for my upcoming trip. The feature I love most is if you take a wrong turn it immediately re-calculates a new route for you. Take that mapquest!! I'm really excited to use it, and getting excited for my trip! Still tons to do...
Bad news for me...I can't find my camera! I've looked everywhere it should be and it isn't in any of those places. I don't know what I'm going to do. I was planning on buying a new one for myself in the next couple of months anyway, but I don't have time to do the research that I wanted before the purchase. I just don't know what to do.
Lara Stice. You know those memory tags that are going around on everyones blogs? Well Lara put it on hers and I commented about the AI concert that she went to. She commented back. I always thought she called me Soft Spoken Katie because i'm a loud person. I didn't know it had a story behind it. There was this one time when Lara and JD were living in Slingerland's house. Kara and I walked into Macey's and I spotted her down the candy isle. Well I shouted her name really loudly and ran to her. I didn't notice the other 900 people in the store...I only had eyes for Lara. :) Haha.
Lara's version: One of my fondest memories of you is when you saw JD and I in Maceys and you SCREAMED "LLLAARRRRRRRAAAAA!!!" and RAN and picked me up and pretty much spun me up and over the top of your head... (almost.) Seriously, every single person in that store was looking at us wondering who was dying or what was happening because of all the screaming and jumping. One of the reasons why I call you Soft-spoken Katie. Now I'm thinking Soft-spoken Katherine is even better.
Lara is amazing in every way.
I may post tomorrow before I go, but if not, see you all next week!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Have so much amazingness on your journey embarkment!!

Thank you for your fond words and screams. Hope you fulfill all your curds and dreams.

Sorry, it rhymed.

Kar said...

I'm had some serious problems with my GPS when I got the NC. It was taking me in all different kinds of directions so I stopped using it. I fired it. What a douche.

have fun on your trip!