In the end Eddie is left to choose between going back into a cold cornfield or to head into a dark, menacing storm. He chooses to "face his storm" and finds something exquisite on the other side.
His father dies from cancer when he is about nine and then loses his mother a few years later. Needless to say he has a few "storms" of life given to him, and he makes several for himself. He is taught to face the storm and overcome.
At the top of my blog is this quote--when you come to the end of everything you know, and the next step is into the darkness of the great unknown, you must believe one of two things: either you will step out onto firm ground or you will be taught to fly. When I read that, it was exactly what I needed. There are many unknowns in life and you just have to learn to face the storms and trust in God.
Go read the book.
1 comment:
Katie, Thanks for the suggestion....I will have to read this one for sure. Someone gave me his conversion story for Christmas and I LOVED IT! If you haven't read or watched this, it is a MUST see! Hope you and your family are doing well.
Post a Comment