This past week has been a rough one. My cousin Jan passed away from cancer. I had a patient at work pass away from cancer the day of Jan's viewing. I lost it. I couldn't control my emotions. Anger, frustration, sadness, and helplessness to overwhelming love for my dad and the blessing of having him still with me. I had mentally and emotionally prepared myself for the viewing and then it hit me again at work. I didn't even know the lady, but the situation got to me.
Cancer.
I've had enough. This said, I know that I am not in charge. I would not wish cancer upon my worst enemy. However, I do not know a more spiritually prepared individual than my dad. He is the most Christ-like person I know. A worthy priesthood holder and amazing father. I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again, but speak your love to all those that are important to you. Family, friends, co-workers, neighbors...speak your love and speak it again. I love my family more than words can express!! On Friday after the death at work my mom sent me this text. "Sorry...it is hard to see in the first place...and harder yet when you know what is down the road for us all. I guess the good thing is we know that when we leave here, we know where we are going. Although those left behind are sad...the person moving on is with a ton of loved ones...and we know that they still love us and care for us no matter what. I love you." I could not make it through this trial and through life without this knowledge.
2 comments:
Katie,
Your dad and mom exemplify what the gospel is truly all about. If others who do not have this knowledge were to finally 'get it' their lives would fall into place!
Remember, He never said it would be easy...but he does promise it will be worth it!
Thanks for the post!
I'm sorry for everything that's happened all at once.
Love you.
Post a Comment