Monday, March 16, 2009

Yes, my hair IS gorgeous!

Today as I was walking to class I had my iPod in. I was just walking out of the Tanner Building when a girl came up to me and starting talking. I took my earphone out and she said, "I just have to tell you...i've been following you for a while and I think your hair is gorgeous!" I said thanks and she kept walking. She made my day! I do have nice hair, and it is even prettier when the sun is shining on it. Yay for sunny days, nice hair, and nice people!!
A kind of odd experience happened later while I was studying. I was sitting in the Wilk, again with my iPod, minding my own business. Three girls came up to my table and asked if I would like a glass of water. Um...sure. One girl had glasses, the other poured the water, and the other stepped back and took a picture with one of those polaroid cameras. It was the strangest thing. After they set the cup down they walked away. Very weird.
I told Kara I would blog this so I will. A week or so ago we drove up to Red Rock--delicious as always, but that is beside the point. As we were talking we noticed that one of the waiters (Rob) had been there for as long as we have been going together. [Dear Ryan Dubois, Kara's only true love, left two years ago and we have been going back in hopes that he has moved back to Park City from Rhode Island. Yes, she knows A LOT about Ryan. And our other favorite waitress, Gert/Camille is hilarious. I'll let Kara blog about her, she is a hoot. Yes, I used the word hoot.] We were talking about the last time we ordered dessert there which was about a year ago. It was the last time Rob served us. We remembered the entire conversation and his logic behind suggesting which dessert to get. Why is it that we can remember what our waiters recommend a year ago, but seem to easily forget what we need to retain for our upcoming tests?? I guess it goes to show what is important in our lives. As we were driving away we saw Rob out on a smoke break...SHOOT! The conversation went something like this:
Kara: "Is that...ROB?!"
Katie: "Oh no! I think it is."
Kara: "It can't be."
Katie: "It is. SUCKY!"
He still rates in our top three though--Ryan, Gert, Rob. Love Red Rock!!
To end the day I checked my e-mail and had this from my english professor. "I apologize for the lecture today. The lesson wasn't near that boring on paper." Haha. Yes, it was boring.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Oh man, those 3 = trio of perfection. The last time we ordered desert was Oct 28, about 5 months ago. Rob gave us the Tres Leches for my birthday.

Very good, thank you.

RRRRYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

I have to read your blog just to stay updated on my own sister. The two of you together crack me up.

Dave said...

Ok, I loved this post! How funny!!!!! I kind of want to follow someone just so I can say "I really like your hair, can I touch it?!" If it wouldn't seem weird or scary or threatening to have a random guy following you, I probably would, just to see the reaction.