Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Playlist

My friend Christa did this on her blog and I decided I wanted to put a list together too. Some are songs that have had a significant impact on my life, and others I could just listen to on repeat forever.

“Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” -Berthold Auerbach

1) Time of Your Life--Green Day {I have always loved this song and the lyrics. It doesn't matter what stage of life you are in, there is a great message for you.}
2) Unforgettable--Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole {This reminds me of my dad and I. We would sing this together.}
3) Colors--Amos Lee
4) Different Names for the Same Thing--Death Cab for Cutie
5) Divide Me--Kalai
6) I Know You By Heart--Eva Cassidy
7) Thou Gracious God Whos Mercy Lends--Tabernacle Choir
8) Good Day--Jon Schmidt
9) People Get Ready--Eva Cassidy
10) Tears In Heaven--Eric Clapton
11) Fire--Jimi Hendrix
12) Long Train Running--Doobie Brothers
13) I'm Gonna Make You Love Me--Diana Ross and the Supremes
14) My Hero--Foo Fighters
15) Somewhere Only We Know--Keane
16) Crash Into Me--Dave Matthews Band
17) Hells Bells--AC/DC
18) Over the Rainbow--Eva Cassidy
19) Listen to the Rain--Evanescence
20) Imaginary--Evanescence
21) Scar Tissue--Red Hot Chili Peppers {Thanks Kar!}
22) Both Sides Now--Joni Mitchell {This reminds me of Love Actually...great movie!}
23) Kingston Town--UB40
24) This Will Be--Natalie Cole
25) Find the Cost of Freedom--Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
26) Bless the Broken Road--Rascal Flatts {COUNTRY!! I know...}
27) Wexford Carol--Jon Schmidt
28) Homeward Bound--Tabernacle Choir
30) When I Fall In Love--Nat King Cole
31) I Will Always Love You--Whitney Houston {Val and I sang this to my Grandmother after we learned it. I got the "high part," which we fought over. We were 12.}
32)Shoot The Moon--Norah Jones
33) Samson--Regina Specktor
34) Brick--Ben Folds Five {Did you know this song is about abortion?? I had no idea until Kara told me. I still like it, I just listen to it in a different way now.}
35) Quinn--Chris Merritt {"When you started to live, I started living."}

And rounding out my top 100 would be...Celine Dion. My Heart Will Go On--at 100.

4 comments:

Christa said...

Okay, love Divide Me. Such a good song. And I love Brick as well. Haha I bought the Ben Folds Five CD because I was driving in the car with my first 9th grade crush and he was listening to that song. So of course, I had to rush and buy that CD. I'm such a dork! I like your song choices!

Dave said...

I love that you put Celine in there :) I think you have a good mix. I also am a huge fan of Brick (and yes, it took me forever to find out it was about an abortion. I still like to think the girl chose not to do it--without telling the guy ("as weeks went by, it showed that she was not fine...")). I also think "This Will Be" is a song that helps put a bounce in your step! Homeward Bound just helps me to calm down (that and Consider the Lilies). I love Bless the Broken Road (my problem is not the country...it's the fact that it's Rascal Flatts--grrrrrr). I also like When I Fall in Love, but I prefer Celine's and Clive's version (obviously). I Will Always Love You (this movie was on television and I never got to see it all the way through...just the end). Anyway, now that I've written a novel...Good list!!!!!

leslie said...

i didn't think i did...oops! i'll fix that asap so you can get to writing your papers.

Kar said...

Scar Tissue is my favoritest song. I'm happy you like it.