Sunday, June 28, 2009

A temple and a joke.





Tia, Jake, and I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It was beautiful! I didn't get a chance to go to the Draper open house. The last open house that I went to was Mount Timpanogos in 1996--making me 9 years old. I vaguely remember it, so it was nice to be able to have that experience again. If you have the chance I highly recommend going!
My cousin Andy is a high school math teacher/basketball coach. This last year he has been down in Phoenix teaching and coaching. One day in class a girl raised her hand and said, "hey mister, sometimes you talk to us like we are stupid."
He replied, "I'm sorry. I know you are smart. It isn't like you don't know who the first president of the United States was." {implying that it was a simple question that everyone should know the answer to...}

"Duh, it was Abraham Lincoln."

Andy started laughing--and nobody else in the class did--because everyone else thought she was right. Geez. I guess she was close--only off by 15.
Our family loves Glenn Beck. I had this dream about him. Cam came up the other day and said that he had just had a dream about Glenn too. He dreamt that he and Glenn were in the same ward and they were sitting in Sacrament Meeting. Glenn was in the pew across from Cam and started texting him--the entire meeting. That was it. We must really love him to dream about him.
It has been a tragic few days. First we lost the legend Michael Jackson. Then today Billy Mays died. Who is going to promote oxy-clean and the other billion things he screamed from the tv?? I just don't know.
Michael. What a screwed up life he had. I'm sorry for Kara who never was able to meet her idol in life--perhaps he will perform a private concert for you in heaven. Honestly, it doesn't matter if you are black or white.

1 comment:

Kar said...

I private concert in Heaven! Oh my gosh I'm so excited!