Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bleach.

Did you know that if you unintentionally put bleach on a green shirt it will turn orange? I just found that out today.

While doing our morning search for a good TV show we happen to stop on Cash Cab. If you haven't seen it, or don't watch the Discovery Channel, I would highly recommend it. This is only one of many cool shows. During this episode there were these two nerdy brothers in the cab. They won a good amount of cash and got the double-or-nothing bonus question correct. These super-nerds celebrated in a super-nerd type way. When they got out of the cab, Ben Bailey who hosts the show/drives the cab said, "someone is getting a new dungeons and dragons set." Cam and I looked at each other and started laughing hysterically! It was the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

Speaking of TV shows, I have stated before that we watch a LOT of the food network. We watch it so often that I am starting to see the same episodes--and be able to quote the punchlines to their jokes! It has, however, inspired me to test my cooking skills. I am a wonderful baker, just not a great cook. I have made navajo tacos, hamburgers, homemade potato chips and fries. All super healthy right? I am actually really proud of myself. Thank you Food Network; i'll be visiting your website often.

I woke up to a marching band playing--outside my house. The Provo High marching band was practicing for their 4th of July parade march and were going door-to-door asking for donations. They stuck around the neighborhood for a good two hours. As they were marching away they played the fight song. I happen to know this and started singing along. Cam thought I was pretty lame. Let me just tell you that the only reason I know this is when we would run laps in the gym it was posted and I would read it over and over so that I didn't have to think about running--because I hate running. Let me impart it to you now.

Hail Provo High,
To thee our hearts will ere be true.
Proudly we fly our colors high up in the blue.
Fight, Provo, Fight,
With all your might for victory.
Every Bulldog has been taught,
That win or not, we'll loyal be.
We'll strive to honor and bring you fame,
Keep fighting Provo to win this game!

Now I better start learning BYU's fight song so I can sing it at parties and things. GO COUGS!

3 comments:

Dan and Kait Minus 8 said...

katie-i love cash cab with all my heart. and i love you as well. maybe we should hit up the park city red rock in the near future?

Shumway's said...

Kate, I love cash cab!!!YAY!. No one ever knows what I am talking about but I cant wait to go to NY to see if I can find it. The service cab number is 0707. Maybe we could go together and win like 1400$$$. Are you in?? Im not super good at the questions though, so I hope you are smart!Ptherwise It could be more like 150$ Anyway, call me, I miss you guys!-Sarah

Kar said...

I lurve Ben Bailey. Seriously hilarious.

Katie, where have I been during these cooking fests you've been putting on? I want in.

I would've shot at the PHS Marching Band.

I'm loving all these new posts from you.

We need to venture to Red Rock soon.

Lurves.