And David McCullough. He owns some of my art work. In my history class this semester we made a picture book of his novel 1776. My professor works with him a lot and she told him about the project. He asked to have a copy of it. My picture is in the book, so he owns my picture. Cool!Natalie Cole. Um...is it weird that when I hear her sing I think she is white? I know...strange. My heart has a sensitive place for her (digitally enhanced/recorded) duet with her dad--Unforgettable. I knew she wasn't going to sing it, but I held out a small hope. I love her voice! And she has nice bone structure.
Mo Tab. I love them. That's about all I have to say about that.
I had the chance to see the concert Thursday night, a few songs on Saturday night in the Tabernacle, and the Sunday morning "mini-concert." I was a little disappointed this year. It wasn't what I had hoped. There was a children's choir that I really didn't like, too much dancing, and not enough choir singing the "traditional" Christmas songs like Silent Night and such. Not my favorite Christmas concert that they've done. Natalie Cole was amazing. I do love her.
On our way back to the car on Thursday night we were walking in a parking garage. There was a door and an older man was holding it open. I walked out and he gave me two little bum taps as I passed. Um...what is one to do?? It was obvious what he was doing--it wasn't like his hand just happened to brush against my backside. Do you acknowledge that it just happened, tell him that is disgusting, or keep walking? I kept walking--mostly because I was in shock. How come this always happens to me?!
A continuation of the previous text post: (which I should probably just title texts from Kara)
"I think you are neat." -Kara. She sent this to me out of the blue the other day. It made my day!
"In my class I was talking to the girl sitting next to me and accidentally brought up her dead brother...and her failed engagement." -Kara
"Where the hell did this kazoo come from? I must have one." -Kara (after sending her a picture of me and my kazoo--which was hot...) "I got both of those texts at a spiritual moment in my D&C class. I laughed out loud. That's a sexy picture."-Kara
"My professor just used the word jizz to describe a mess of lines on a graph...he had no idea what it meant." -Cam
"No way! You are so lucky Katie! I've gone 3 times and never once have I seen them." -Whit. Yes. I am lucky. TWO working at one time. Blessings from heaven.
Cam and I are sitting in the living room. He is studying, I am blogging. All of the sudden he starts to sing, "ACP-it's easy as analytical, creative, and practical" to the tune of Michael Jackson's ABC song. Easily the coolest way i've ever heard of memorizing information for a test. Thank you Michael.
And to end this post I would like to share a short video with you.
Thank you Mr. President.
5 comments:
Rick and I went on Saturday. I also thought she was white. And I was also hit in the butt by an old man. But that old man was Rick so it's definitely not as weird.
I was there on Thursday night! Why didn't we see you? We were there searching for Grandmother when she got lost (or so we thought). She claims to have had a great time! We were glad. I love Natalie Cole as well - some of the Shumways didn't like her as much. Oh well! I loved it!
Natalie Cole was amazing. And, interestingly enough, I was kind of hoping she'd sing "Unforgettable" and "This Will Be". I know, I know...they're not Christmas songs, but they could be interpreted that way.
My volume isn't working so I didn't hear that, but....
Cam's comment reminded me of a helpful mnemonic you came up with when we were learning which ancient prophet restored what keys in the Kirtland temple in our church history class last winter. Moses, Elias, and Elijah restored the keys of gathering, Abraham, and sealing. MEE=GAS. I have gas. I promise you, today I was taking a final for my Rel 261 class and I used that to answer a question. I think about that a lot actually.
It's funny that the old man gave you a little tap-tap on the bum. Like, hahahahahaha that is funny and I wish you would have played along.
Post a Comment