Friday, March 5, 2010

I miss...



my boys. My heart hurts--I miss them so much! I am trying to plan my summer trips and want to visit them as soon as I get out of school. We will see what ends up happening.

I got my taxes done and got...$2800 back!!! Whoohoo! I love my tax lady. Love. She is the coolest 85 year old tax preparer. She remembers everything. And she has always gotten me a killer sweet return. What is not to like??

My dad's friends came over tonight for dinner and visiting. They are awesome! Hilariously great. I love them all.

Random fact: the white stripe on the freeway is 11 feet long. Suzi was stuck in traffic and decided to measure it. Her dad gave her his tape measure and she measured it. So now you know.

My Book of Mormon professor uses Lady Gaga for EVERY bad example that he has. Every bad experience that happens in the Book of Mormon, he will liken it to our day and somehow work Lady Gaga into the example. Some of us (myself included) like Lady Gaga. I am so frustrated with the whole situation that the next time he does it I want to stand up and yell, "I'M A FREE BITCH BABY!!" (A line from one of her songs...) And then storm out. I hate it. I know I won't do it...but it is nice to imagine.

A few cute Jake things that happened during our Christmas visit. His soccer coach had called and asked what number Jake wanted to be. His response, "200 million." Well, they couldn't quite fit that all on his jersey, so he ended up being 30. He is now into telling jokes. He loves for you to tell him a joke and then have him tell you one back. He had the same joke then entire time we were there. It goes something like this..."why do the chickens sit on their eggs? BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE CHAIRS!!" And then he laughs uncontrollably. Love him.

One more. Grandma had just gotten out of the shower and put her pajamas on. She didn't have her hair and makeup done. She walked down and sat on the couch. Jake looks up, observes Grandma for a minute, then said, "Grandma--you look.......pretty good." He was trying to be sensitive and sweet, while telling her she just looked...pretty good. Ha ha.

Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

LOVE the picture of little Ricky. I also love that we both have a "little Ricky" in our family. Only mine is a 28 year old Indian. So good.

We need to hang out soon.

Jodi said...

Also, thanks a lot Bin Laden.

Hey guys, when is the next Hailey's Comet? It's not tonight, right?

I love that I watched that movie for the first time with you.