Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Journal entries.

I got out my journal today. The first real journal I kept I had written during my 7th grade year. 2001. I ran across one particularly funny entry.

April 17, 2001
FRIENDS


Marie*, Sarah*, and Lindsay* are history!!! I was sick of them making fun of others, so I broke away from that "group." Mallory Peterson, Mallory Bouchard, (...etc, etc.) and the "popular" groups are all accepting me!! They are sooooooooooo nice to me! At the last dance, the spring fling, I hung out with the most popular 8th graders! Ahhhhh!!! That is SO AWESOME!!!! Gotta go! Love ya much! -Katie
*Names were changed because they are three of my good friends now.

I think this is so funny! Kara made a good point though...at least I knew and wasn't ok with my friends making fun of other people. However, none of the "popular" girls that I started to hang out with (for probably a total of a week) are still my good friends today. Kara also found it funny that I signed out of my journal love ya much! because I did love my journal.

The rest of the journal is mostly all about my crushes. One line made me laugh hysterically..."School is my worst subject." HAHA!!

I thought I better add an entry to show that we are a real family that has real feelings and real arguments.

October 16, 2001
I am just the devil child! Cam is the angel child and I am the only that ever gets into trouble! Cam is perfect. He gets straight A's and when he shows his grades to my mom she just says, "good job my star boy!" Then when I show her my A's and 1 A- she just basically says, "oh, well, good job I guess." I wish that Rick was home cause he can understand how I feel. Rick and my dad are the only ones in my family that love me. I really need Rick right now!

My family, parents and siblings, are my best friends. They all love me, and I love them. I had to laugh at this entry--venting frustration. Oh the horrors of middle school and emotions!! I can guarentee that my mom didn't call Cam her "star boy," nor did she discredit my good grades. Funny stuff!

I have the greatest family.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I found my journal from 8th grade. I think I laughed at every single journal entry. We were so cool.