Saturday, March 20, 2010

Massages and Fingernail Polish

Rewind a little over 6 years ago. I was a sweet little 16 year old that never did anything wrong and was as innocent as...well, I was innocent. My mom and I decided to go to UCMT and get the 2 for 1 massages. I had never had a massage before. We got there, put our names on the list, and began to wait. Once our names were called I ended up with a creepy middle-aged man. He asked if there was any problem areas that I wanted him to focus on. I said no. He took me back to the curtain room and pulled one back. There was a massage table and a desk. He said, "undress to your comfort level and get under the sheet. I'll check back in a minute." I took my shoes off.

I felt comfortable.

I got under the sheet. I've since been told that the students are taught that any articles of clothing left on is considered a "boundary." I still had on my shirt, jeans, and socks. He came back in and i'm sure was confused. Needless to say, I got a great head and neck massage. After we were done my mom asked if i'd enjoyed my massage. I told her that I just got a head/face/neck massage. "Didn't you take your clothes off?" "Uh, no." HAHAHA! She couldn't stop laughing. Thanks for telling me that is what you are supposed to do mom.

Last week I was standing in the cafeteria line at work. Dr. Hansen was standing behind me. We had already had the usual small talk (which is super hard if you know Dr. Hansen.) Jana told me my total and I swiped my card. I went to type in my pin on the card swiper. Dr. Hansen saw my dark purple nail polish and said, "are your toes the same color?" "Yes they are." He threw his head back and the loudest belly laugh i've ever heard came out of him. I was in shock! Dr. Hansen--are you laughing?? Hysterically? At something that isn't that funny? Yes, yes you are. You made my day.

Later Bryce and I were debating on what the difference between silly and funny was. Dr. Hansen came up and Bryce asked him. It took him 10 minutes to come up with his 2 minute answer, but it came down to me being right. Funny is an attribute and silly is an action. He then proceeded to incorporate his latest Priesthood meeting into the discussion--however, neither Bryce nor I could figure out how it went together. I love Dr. Hansen!

No comments: