Monday, May 17, 2010

I ate a Wendy's frosty today.

And it tasted just like Grandma. I miss the carefree summers spent at Grandma's house. Her homemade hamburgers that seemed to be bigger and thicker and juicier than one could ever imagine. I can taste them now. Then it was off to Wendy's in East Bay to buy everyone a frosty in the white caprice.

I miss all 3 of us kids being sent to different rooms because we couldn't get along. The worst was being sent to the back bedroom--the one without a TV. That was often where I was sent. I really honed in on my coloring and writing skills there. I went through those drawers too many times to count. Glue and sparkles, fabric and scissors--many creations were made there.

I miss having her watch me run across Center Street from the dining room window to go and get Great Steak sandwiches for everyone.

I miss her loving, but stern ways of dicipline. I miss having her threaten to get out her paddle--which was a stick with a heart shaped cushion on the end.

I miss having her tell me my toes were short and fat. They still are.

She was beautiful.






Isn't eternity going to be great?!

1 comment:

leslie said...

wow, she totally looks like your mom. thanks for the invite!