Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We're famous!

I was doing a 1:1 at work the other day. I was down at the dialysis room with him. I was talking to the tech there and she said she was from Arizona. I told her that I had family in Snowflake and Taylor. She asked my last name. I said Shumway. She proceeded to ask if I had any family IN Shumway...like Shumway, AZ! She totally knew where that was! I felt famous. Most people don't even know that there is a Shumway, Arizona. Now you do.


Yeah, we are legitimately OLD SCHOOL.



I was at the dermatologist's office the other day. A supply rep came in and started trying to have them switch to his company. He asked the office manager, "are you comfortable with them?" speaking of their current distributors. She said yes. He then proceeded to ask, "could you ever be comfortable with me?" Either he needs to use a different word/phrase than he did, or I need to clean up my thoughts. I think it might be a little of both--but definitely more towards the phrase. Come on dude. Do yourself a favor and remove that phrase from your vocabulary...or at least your work phrases. Maybe that is how you get all the babes in the dating world...who knows?


The last good story I have...

We are in the process of selling grandma's car. The Caprice. It is a classic! It say so in the name. My mom, Cam, and I were driving through at Wendy's the other day. We were waiting for the food and a mexican came from the back of the kitchen to tell us about our car. He didn't give us food, he only came out to comment on the classy car we were driving. He leaned his head out, checked the car out like he probably checks out women, and said, (imagine a mexican accent) "man, I like your ride! It's baaaaaddddd!"


Yes Mr. Mexican--our ride is bad.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

The car story is probably the funniest story I've heard in a long time.