While we were in California, baby Ricky had his 1st birthday! His actual birthday was the first day we were in Disneyland. We spent the day there and then went to dinner with Tom, Jan, and Ty in Downtown Disney. The following day we did the "baby's first birthday cake" in the hotel room. Mom and I had bought a large cupcake and that was his "destroying" cake. I have never seen a baby that loves food more than little Ricky. Jake was a kid to eat, but Ricky freaks out if you don't have the next bite in sight when he is done with the current one. He wasn't sure why he was destroying the cupcake and not eating it. Poor kid. Rick described Ricky's scream as one of a newborn mandrake from Harry Potter. Nothing more accurate.
The saddest part of this trip was that little Ricky doesn't know who we are. From the first day Jake was born, I saw him at least once a day, if not multiple times. We have a special bond because of it. We have only seen Ricky 3 times in his little life. The first at the funeral, second time at Christmas, and now for his 1st birthday. He didn't want to be left alone with us because he didn't know us. It broke my heart. I love that little boy and he has no idea.
Anyway, here are a few good shots I got from his birthday.
Mmmmm...cake!!

Love that slobber from mouth to finger...LOVE IT!

What is this doing on my skin and not in my mouth?
Preeettty tasty.


yummy, Yummy, YUMMY!
Squished between his oh-so-cute toes.

This is GREAT!! I just love me some birthday cake!







...as you can see, I couldn't just pick one or two. He is just too cute!!
Poor kid had had enough by the end! Jakie was crying the whole time because he was being forgotten. Ricky got a toy and he didn't. He had a hard time understanding that it was Ricky's birthday and Ricky gets a toy all to himself on his birthday. Don't worry...Jake got a toy the next day--and pretty much every day after that.
I love my boys!
Anyway, here are a few good shots I got from his birthday.
Love that slobber from mouth to finger...LOVE IT!
Poor kid had had enough by the end! Jakie was crying the whole time because he was being forgotten. Ricky got a toy and he didn't. He had a hard time understanding that it was Ricky's birthday and Ricky gets a toy all to himself on his birthday. Don't worry...Jake got a toy the next day--and pretty much every day after that.
I love my boys!
1 comment:
I like your new blog layout. I can't believe Ricky is 1! He is so cute. I love love LOVE red headed babies.
Post a Comment