Music has always been an integral part in my life. Since I was little I have been singing--Grizzly Bear and Andy Bardeen as well as every Primary song. Music is always a part of every family get-together. I participated in choir throughout high school. I've been singing in the Christmas Choir since I was 16. I love music. It is a part of me.
Music is powerful. It calms my heart and heals my soul. My stake president is over music in the church. When he was interviewed he said the following:
"I am grateful that three months after the Church was organized, the Lord, speaking through Joseph Smith, directed Emma Smith, his wife, to compile a hymnbook, and since that time, the prophets and apostles have given counsel about how music can be used to strengthen us and move us to repentance and good works, build testimony and faith, comfort us, console us and inspire us.
Brother Warner expressed gratitude that the First Presidency has said that music has boundless powers for moving families toward greater spirituality and devotion to the gospel. 'I'm also grateful that they've said inspirational music is an essential part of our Church meetings and that the hymns of the Church are the basic music for our meetings,' he added."
Today in Sacrament Meeting a couple girls sang My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee. It was exactly what I needed. It did everything President Warner mentioned, but especially moved me to repentance. I want to be better. I want to be close to my Savior.
It healed my soul today.
Music has been, and always will be, a most important part of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment