Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I wrote this once.

I ran across this today. I quite liked it. I'm impressed with myself. Ha!


 For the past few weeks I have been more aware of my surroundings, looking to have an aesthetic experience. There have been several different occasions where I have seen a breathtaking sunset. Another experience occurred while looking at the moon early in the morning. However, we were asked to find something on a smaller scale to have this experience.

 I currently work in the operating room and am able to see many different surgeries. The aesthetic experience I had pertained to the human body during a total knee replacement surgery. The body is an amazing creation that is impressive in many different forms.

There’s a beauty in blood, deep scarlet red blood.
The jagged shape of chiseled bone. Hard, unbreakable bone.

The squish-like, gummy worm feel of a piece of muscle.

The smell of burning flesh permeates the room. The knee fleshed open, A large gaping slice, then comes the hammer and chisel.

The beauty lies in knowing the power of the body to recover from this chisel and hammer pounding.

Beneath all these sensory stimulants, There is beauty.


True beauty.

No comments: