and a lot has happened! Since I last posted, I have taught for a second year (3rd Grade, Spanish Oaks Elementary) and just began my third year of teaching. Teaching third grade was a great learning experience for me. As I've reflected back on my experiences, I do sincerely miss my Spanish Oaks students. We had some difficult things to overcome, but we did it together. Things I learned last year will help me the rest of my teaching career.
I am back at Art City teaching FIFTH GRADE!! I love fifth grade. I love Art City. I am so happy to be back. It sounds silly, but it really is just like coming home to me. Although I am in a different classroom (4th classroom in 3 years--yikes!), I still just cannot believe I got back to Art City as quickly as I did. I expected to have to teach several years away before the opportunity came again. Lucky for me, it came the very next year! After the first week of school, I can tell that this class will have it's own challenges, but it has already proven to be a fun group of kids. They are the perfect age--so fun! I am happy.
Changing subjects. Recently I have had the opportunity to reflect on my beliefs. I have had several close friends decide that they did not believe the church was true anymore--to the point of having their records removed. Knowing the gospel is true has always just been something that I know without a doubt. I consider that quite a blessing. If ever a question came up about the church, it never bothered me. I never questioned my beliefs--I just knew. The church is true.
One of my friends told me about her choice to leave the church. This was the first time I seriously reflected on what I believe. Her reasoning was mostly "social issues" and she felt the church needed to "evolve with the times." Is she right? Wait, what about gay marriage? Or women being given the Priesthood?? As I studied this out and prayed about it, the answer came quite clear--I already know what is right. It was a good reminder that God is mindful of us all. He is there when we need Him--all we need to do is ask.
I'm so grateful for the gospel. I am thankful for the foundation it has given me. It has been a guide throughout my life. God loves me, just as He loves each and every one of us. He communicates with His prophet on the earth, Thomas S. Monson. I am getting so excited for October! I love the anticipation for conference and the opportunity we all have to listen to our leaders. The church is true. I know it.
1 comment:
I like this...thanks for sharing :). I hope you're doing well :).
Post a Comment