Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm an auntie again!








I wrote about his name in a previous post. Richard Jennings Shumway arrived on Sunday, June 7th, weighing in at 10 pounds and 7 ounces, and was 22 inches long. We have quite the name confusion. My grandfather was Richard Phil, my dad is Richard Jennings, my brother is Richard Phil, and my nephew is Richard Jennings...woah! Rick arrived home from Utah nine hours before Sarah went into labor in Pittsburgh. Little Ricky came about seven hours later. He is the fattest, cutest baby i've ever seen!! I want to kiss his cheeks--OH his cheeks!!

WHILE IN UTAH:
What a difference a 4-year-old can make. I haven't seen my dad smile as wide as he did when he saw Jake. He loves him so much. Jake was telling Grandpa how sad he was that he was sick. He asked when he was going to feel better and Grandpa replied that he didn't know. Jake said, "you are going to feel better in 100 seconds." It made us all smile--and Grandpa did feel better in 100 seconds--for about 100 seconds.
One morning I woke up to Jake screaming my name in my face...and I couldn't be mad. He was ready to play! Ten minutes later he came back to my bed and brought a potato bug to show me...and "release" in my bed. Needless to say I got up pretty quick! He is the sweetest little boy with the energy to run--run--run--run--run ALL day!







2 comments:

Kar said...

Boy, I sure do love you and your family.

Kristen Chambers said...

Katie, your nephew is the cutest little chubby baby I have ever seen. I just want to squeeze him. LOL Love ya and miss your face!