Monday, July 6, 2009

Michael Jackson

I liked Michael Jackson well enough. He had some good songs. Kara loved him--mostly the reason I know so much about him. I don't really take sides in an MJ argument--I do like to play Devil's Advocate. Let me set up a situation in which I did just that.

[Dad is sitting at the side of the bed. Mom is in the entry. I'm sitting in the recliner. Conversation goes something like this.]

Katie: What if I had married Michael Jackson?
Mom: I would disown you. Really. He's an idiot.
Katie: Really??
Mom: Really. And tell Kara that too.

Five minutes later:

Cam: We need a sham-WOW! I could do those commercials.
Mom: There is an opening.

Mom's on FIRE tonight!! Making fun of the recently deceased--and the rest of us laughing about it. Probably not going to be blessed for that...

2 comments:

Kar said...

Hahahaha! She really is on fire. That's friggin' hilarious.

"And tell Kara that too."

"There is an opening."

Really, ssssoooo funny. Let's not overlook Cam admitting to wanting a Sham-WOW though. That is almost as funny.

Katie, this may be one of my favorite posts of yours.

Jodi said...

Hahahaha. Your mom is awesome. That's awesome.

I miss you! When are we going to play?