Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm going to be a sucky mom.

So I thought, hey, i'll make breakfast for dinner today. That's a great idea. Well, I have this pan that is supposed to make puffs--like pancake puffs/brownie puffs/special puffs/etc. The first batch I burned. We gave them to Lucy.

I turned the heat down and tried for a second time. They didn't cook enough and ended up flat and barely cooked. Lucy.

I got frustrated so I thought, i'll just make regular pancakes. I got out another pan and poured a pancake. It didn't cook--and didn't flip--and...you guessed it. Lucy.

I was upset.

I'll make scrambled eggs! You CAN NOT screw that up. Except all our eggs were bad.

Mom tried cooking pancakes. She failed the first time. Tried again--and was successful with 2 pancakes. We ate those. I had gone upstairs to wallow in my failure and she screams, 'KATIE! COME QUICK!!' I did come quick--because I thought there might be a fire. Turns out she had just successfully made a pancake.

I can make great dog food. And Village Inn is always open--they make killer pancakes.

We shouldn't do breakfast for dinner.

3 comments:

Tara said...

You are going to be a great mom. Just get a waffle maker!! :) Those of us who are moms are not the best cooks either. Do not worry about it. That's definitely not one of the important things to being a good mom. Trust me, my girls are perfectly content with Macaroni or Ramen for lunch. It is a good thing for me. :) Love you!!

Jodi said...

Who is Lucy?

mary.katherine said...

My awesome dog.