If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.
That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
I do know i'm free because of those willing to sacrifice their lives for that freedom--for the greatest country in the world. This is something most take for granted. I am proud to be an American. There are many political things that are currently happening that I disagree with, but I know that it is still a blessing to live here. How grateful I am that Heavenly Father sent me to this hallowed land to a home where blessings overflow.
1 comment:
I love 4th of July! I cried through most of the Stadium of Fire. What a country we live in!
Remember those Patriotic Programs we had in elementary school and we'd sing this song? When Rick sang this song he said he bawled. I would always hold back tears when we sang. Instead I'd just focus on how I was scared of Mr. Wilson and how Mrs. Iwassa was kinda of weird.
Post a Comment