Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm 23--Just A Young Spring Chicken!

September 23, 1987--the most blessed day in the land.
Cierra was confused at how old I really am. She asked me at church on the Sunday after my birthday if I was 24. I said no, I just turned 23. "Well, isn't your blog To Be 23?" Yes, yes it is Girl. This year is the true meaning of my blog address. (It came about because I was thinking what I wanted to be when I grew up and my favorite number is 23. I didn't ever decide what I wanted to be--so it just became tobe23.)

I'm going to write more on this blog journaling what it is like to be 23.

Because it's awesome.

My birthday was spectacular. A perfect Golden Birthday. I took the day off of everything (except for a job interview) and just relaxed. I woke up to this:
Did you see that sexy "Man In A Bag" Suz gave to me??
All of our pictures we had hanging in DeAnn's office--which are awesome!
Bo, DeAnn, Whitney, London, and Suz all came down the night before my birthday and decorated my porch and car. They said it was because they loved my guts...who doesn't?! I'm super humble and awesome.

Mom took me and bought new clothes that I wore to my job interview. Classy ones--for a classy lady. And lady makes me sound old. And i'm not old. I'm just a young Spring chicken. Just ask Cam. I looked awesome, rocked my interview, and went to lunch with my best favorite cousins.

When we were finished Val and Anna told the server it was my birthday. They told me that I could choose between ice cream or a pizza shaped in my age. Uh, what would you have chosen?! As previously viewed I chose the pizza. It was pretty cool.
I then came home to this awesome poster from Cam, which I love, along with this:
Also AMAZING. This is my new favorite show.
Rick sent this to me in the mail. I look so forward to using this awesome cup this winter! A Community-themed birthday--and I loved it! Thanks best brothers!!

My mom went above and beyond what needed to be done. Since it was my Golden Birthday (turning 23 on the 23rd) I had been teasing my mom all week that this was an extra special birthday and we needed to make it an extra special day. She had a basket full of things that were golden. 23 of them, in fact. Treats, shower/face wash things, make-up, a golden towel, golden grahams, Chick-O-Sticks, golden Oreo's, gold sunglasses, etc, etc, etc! Lots of fun little things she spent all day buying. Very thought out, time consuming gift. It was pretty unique--and pretty awesome for an awesome birthday!

Sunday we had family dinner followed by saying nice things. I love that birthday tradition--and love hearing awesome things about me. Ha! Like I say, i'm a pretty humble girl. :) It was a great birthday week, birthday day, and birthday extension. Thanks to my wonderful family whom I love immensely!

Happy birthday to me!

4 comments:

Kristen Chambers said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome day, for a freak'n awesome person.

Love the update.

Jodi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE KATIE! Im glad you had a great birthday. We need to do a birthday lunch.

Steve & Amy Shumway said...

Hahahaha You are so funny, I wish I could carry you in my pocket. Miss you!! Just wait till 25, it only gets worse ;)

Dave said...

It sounds like it was very happy!!! I'm glad to hear that :)
Any news on the job interview????