When you come to the end of everything you know, and the next step is into the darkness of the great unknown, you must believe one of two things: either you will step out onto firm ground or you will be taught to fly.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Untitled
How many times have I said, "I should blog about that" and failed to do so? Too many times to count. I finished my second semester of the program in December, and am just starting my third. Two weeks in and i'm already super busy...and of course super stressed! However, I know it will all be worth it when I get out in the schools again.
I LOVED my practicum teaching last semester. It solidified that this is what i'm supposed to be doing. Kindergarten was such a blast!! On my second to last day I was working with two of the little boys and one couldn't contain his excitement. "We're going to give you a poster that says YOU ARE A SUUUUUUUPER TEACHER...because you are." The other little boy at the table got wide-eyed. "Jackson! Miss Mellor said not to tell!!!" I pretended like I didn't hear, and was pleasantly surprised on my last day when I was given this super cute SUPER TEACHER poster signed by both classes. It is hanging in my room--one of the three things that I have on my wall. I love it.
Speaking of being busy and stressed already...our Wednesday schedule is terrible. We start classes at 9:30 am, and we don't finish our last class until 7 pm. We have a one hour break, but otherwise, it is solid class time. This semester there are multiple 3 hour classes. Whoa. They are terribly difficult to sit through. I am contemplating taking dad's doughnut to sit on during class. The McKay chairs are not cut out for 3 hours of sitting.
During our last class of the night on Wednesday, I took this picture of my friends.
Yep. Cortney and Anna are sleeping. Wednesdays are just tough! Again, we are only two weeks in! I can't wait to see what practicum has in store for us.
Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I know this. I have always known this. Recently it has been reaffirmed. He knows ME and loves ME. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I was leaving a store the other day and looked out to see this sunset. All I had was my phone, and it doesn't do it justice. It was breathtakingly beautiful. I stood by my car and took a moment to enjoy it.
Recently, Emilee, Suzi, and I have been having monthly Pinterest nights. I love them. It's been fun to see that I can be creative and crafty! Example:
Who knew?? I never thought of myself as crafty, but i've proven myself wrong!
Lastly--little boys have moved into their own house. It is so quiet around here! I miss coming home to them each day. I am glad they are close enough to go pick up on a weekend for a sleepover. Along with their new house, they got a puppy. So far, his name is Magnus. Here is a picture of sick Ricky right before he threw up on me, a picture of Magnus, and (CLICK HERE) for a video of the boys going through the car wash. "It's an octopus and he's inking on us!!" I love my babies.
This is a scattered post, but I got some of the highlights in. I'm loving life and am so grateful to Heavenly Father for letting me live it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment